Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Midway Adventure

I recently returned from an awesome trip to Chicago! I went to see my best friend Leo's Navy Boot Camp Graduation. We were there from September 8- September 11. It was difficult flying only because I had to make arrangements to travel with his parents because I am only 17 years old and therefore not allowed to fly on my own. Fortunately I was able to work enough hours this summer to pay for my plane ticket, hotel room, and all other expenditures.
While I was there, I was able to enjoy some spectacular food, as well as some amazing sights! Upon arrival I ate at a restaurant called Tuscany. It was authentic Italian food, and not only was the food good, but the service was great! The reason the food was so good is because everything is homemade and made fresh! I highly recommend it to anyone in the Chicago area.
I then checked into the hotel for the night and prepared for an early morning the next day. Day two in Chicago was very eventful as it was graduation day for my buddy Leo. I met Leo while working at the golf course and where we eventually grew to become good friends. After a ceremony of about an hour and a half long, I was finally able to meet with him. It was the first time I had seen him in a little over two months! We were able to spend the rest of the day together, hang out at the hotel, and caught up on what was going on in each others lives, until about 9:30 when he had to return to base.
  

I had my own hotel room which was nice but I slept through my alarm clock and Leo's parents had to bang on my door to wake me up. I finally got up and we left around 7:30 am to pickup Leo where we walked through some of Chicago. We saw Wrigley Field where there were lots of statues and some old school urinals. Prior to this, I had only seen Wrigley Field on TV. Later we went to  the Sears Tower and we then went to Navy Pier.
 
 
Navy Pier is a huge boardwalk on Lake Michigan. We took a boat ride tour across the lake and it was amazing, you couldn't even see all the way across to the other side. Lake Michigan does not even seem like a lake though, more like an ocean!
 
 
The next morning we flew out which just so happened to be on the ten year anniversary of September 11th. It wasn't too bad, though security was heightened but it didn't affect us too much. On the plane ride home I sat next to a middle eastern guy who talked to himself in a different language. That irked me a bit and I did breathe a sigh of relief when we finally touched down in Seattle without the plane having been hi-jacked, thank you Jesus! What a way to wrap up a great trip to the windy city!

No comments: